From what I can see so far from my research and a few hours coding in django and turbogears.
- Middle of changeover in orm technologies preferences. Version 1.0 prefers SQLObject, but has support for SQLAlchemy. 1.1 Beta has tigher integration with SQLAlchemy.
- Horrid name, but seems like more classic MVC framework, has some convention of configuration out of the box.
- Has great docs. Can find loads of tutorials for it.
- When I used it seemed I had to do a lot of manual url configuration. I found this obnoxious.
- Nice out of the box admin pages, that are easy to set up. Some people find this gimmicky but I had little issue with it.
- Have not had time to code with this but from the docs appears to be a pythonic rails (claims as such).
- It's a bit new and docs struck me as a bit more lacking.
- Has conflict with turbogears somehow. Not enough of a python guru to figure this out. Other people had same issue, had to run one or other on the install however.